Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Monday, May 26, 2014

May 25, 2014

so. this week
I was not transferred. Neither was Elder Karch! BUT this transfer is completely different. We actually have been getting lessons! these girls have been playing uno with us. (not in our house, we don't break the rules. don't worry) but I am a missionary twenty four seven. so I gave the oldest one a pamphlet, and explained it. when I asked the next day if she read it, she said "it was SO BEAUTIFUL!" I think that is a good reaction. We got a few good referrals. we went with the Bishop's niece to her best friend. the Guy who came with us (ward mission leader) kept cutting me off mid sentence. The gentleman almost didn't invite us back, but we had his best friend there, so that helped.
The best lesson, was when we taught the Elder's Quorum President's wife.
She is not a member, but it was clear how important family is to her, And that's what our church is all about! The spirit was so strong, and As I think I said last week, It does not matter how well I teach, because they don't learn anything from me. It only matters how well I invite The Spirit. because He's the real teacher!

A cat snuck in in the night, and ate our food, (all our noodles and bread) and shredded one pair of my underwear.
dumb cat.

my last roommates killed the last bat that came in our house. This set caught it, and removed it peacefully. that was awesome!

I am officially done with training! it's been 4 months. and now I work one more hour a day. the Language clicked (again). I started practicing with recordings that talk way faster than people do. that has helped more that anything.
This will make a big difference, because in just one hour, and being schedules to go out earlier in the morning, and study during nap time, We get so many more lessons in! we have been having two problems: one, no lessons, and two: when we do have lessons, we teach lessons not people. I intend to change this.
moroni 10:32 has answered a question of mine. HOW do we follow God's commandments, when we have so many bad infulences. This scripture was given me by the Bishop's niece who is preparing to serve a mission. It is a perfect scripture to back advice given me by the Stake President in my ward before leaving, quoting president Uchtdorf. JUST STOP. any time you have temptation. just deny it. it's easier than you think.

well, thanks for all the love and support! ingat ang mga pamilya ko! mahal ko kayo!
Vincit Omnia Veritas
Elder A. Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment