Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Monday, June 2, 2014

June 3 2014

This week has been an interesting adventure, and I'm not allowed to tell you about half of it! Nothing dangerous, or bad, just spiritual :D all very good.
I can tell you I stopped some bad stuff from happening, before it even start.
Since I have finished my training, We have had SO MANY more lessons! The spirit is so strong in many of them, because I have become much more receptive.
I want to take one excerpt from the email to my grandmother:
"This last week, we had a referral from the Bishop's niece. I plan to talk about that more in the mass email, but her example made all the difference. He said he felt no direction in his life, not even sure if God exists. But she has such a sense of direction. she GLOWS with righteousness, and I felt prompted to say "I know you see that in her. I can see that you wonder where that comes from. That is the Holy Ghost. That is why we are here. Because she cares about you, and wants to give you that gift of the truth."(roughly translated from Tagolog)"

Unfortunately, He won't pray. I am here to tell you God DOES exist. He asked us how we know. If you pray and get an answer, He's real. If you don't, He's not. He told us he can't have enough faith to pray yet. I hope his friend can help him build the faith. I can not stress how important referrals and member work are! We can do NOTHING without it!

It is 104 outside. We literally got hit by a wall of air-con, and then walked back out into an oven. 40 in Celsius, which is what we use here.
I am getting good at Billiards. One of our almost active members owns a bendehan (really a snack bar with a Billards table.)

I have had a lot of great lessons this week. I want to tell you them all, but The computer kicked me off, fortunatly, my whole email saved as a draft, so I recovered, but I only have about 5 minutes. next week I'll tell you more.

I got two new roommates this week, because the first one went to the hospital, and the second was super super obedient, and helped me have the courage to stand up to the other missionaries. the first is now back with us, ayos lang! and the second is now a district leader in another area. he was here half a week.

I would love emails, from Madi, and Kelly :P

Anyway, out of time! love you all! ingat!



Vincit Omnia Veritas
Elder A. Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment