Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5-8-2014

*Note: for some reason I didn't post this last week.*

Okay, so first news: I can only talk to my Mom on mother's day. No other family unfortunately. I feel bad for my roommate, He can only chose his mom or his step mom, but not both :(

This week I discovered the local flora. There is a kind of plant called "dragon seed" when you get it wet, it explodes! I was super excited to play with these, but as fate would have it, I learned about them on the first day of rainy season. so they are all gone just like that!

the next is makahiat, or shy leaf. when you poke it, they fold up, as if they are shy! after a couple minutes they go back to normal. talk about cool!

As I just mentioned: RAINY SEASON STARTS! unfortunatly, crocks are bawal, (forbidden) even though the president's letter suggests them, so I had to get new waterproof dress shoes. oh well, At least I got the crocks on sale. 

for all you nerds who love firefly: today our taxi van had a stegosaurus and a t-rex on the dash board and i thought: "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

I have gone a whole week only eating fish, because it is very inexpensive, and the members keep feeding it us!
the bones are annoying but i'm quickly getting skilled.

please excuse the capitalization errors, i only have minutes left.

we had my first fhe here! if you lose the game, you have to do a punishment here. I love cultural things like that! it was soooo much fun. I quickly learned the word for spoon and fork through one of the games, "this is a spoon" and we had tie police! i'll explain when i have more time!

finally, for those of you who are worried about me,
I was having a really hard week. but I remembered something my councilor at lds family services had said about meditation. I started taking personal study time every night and it made all the difference!
I stopped looking like a board becuase i was so tense!
but most importantly I had my first super spiritual lesson in a long time. It was the restoration. It reminded me why im here. I just have to figure out why I had that every day last transfer, and only once this transfer.

I love the restoration. I always feel so good! and the movie the testaments makes me cry! "Chiao! the savior has come! stay here..." ha ha

I love you all! remember: the church is true!

ingat! 



Vincit Omnia Veritas
Elder A. Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment