Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5-12-2014

Please forward this email to everyone you think is interested! (especially you sarah, I haven't got the whole singles ward on the email list yet, just you. oh and matt and sister de jesus still owe me for those concert tickets remind them please, and if you can give the money to my mom?)

Dear Friends and family:
This week, I GOT 3 LESSONS! this is an all time record low!
I was feeling relatively stressed this week, but not so bad. I found some more exploding seeds, so apparently the rain hadn't taken them all out, and that relieved some stress.
But I read in doctrine and covenants chapter 38 verses 10 through 15, and that really really helped! It just gave me hope to know that God remembers me. I have been spending half of study on the Book of Mormon, and the other half on D&C. It is definitely revelation for missionaries, and MODERN people. :D 
It's hard to stay virtuous in some environments, but when you make your voice heard, it helps. I just say "hey, I don't want to talk about this" and they usually sulk off to some corner.
I also got a ton of letters! A sister missionary from the MTC wrote me about how she thought a spider was cute, and everyone told me I shouldn't write her anymore, because she is insane. I don't think that's so bad... I just don't want them in my apartment! they don't really bite here, in fact, kids play with them like toys! 
I got to call my Mommy! It was sooo good to hear her voice! I have been out a 3rd of a year now! IT GOES SOOOOOO FAST! I cant believe it! I will be home in no time, so I have to make the best of it while I am still here! My friend in Malaysia talked about brownies to celebrate his one year mark. I think I will do the same! I have been making a list of things unique to the Philippines, and I am excited to share that with you some day soon. Maybenext monday. The zone leader "borrowed" my p-day shirt, but he promised to bring it back later today, so that will be nice!
Back to my Mom, I just can't believe how different the united states is! I almost forgot!

Just remember to nightly plan, and Also study the scriptures every day! the Book of Mormon will get you closer to God than any other book dow. (sinabi ni brother Joseph Smith) and I know this to  be true, because it is my number one stress reliever. If you have enough faith, the answer is ALWAYS there for you. You just have to trust the Holy Ghost to answer your prayer and bring to mind the right chapter! INGAT! MAHAL KAYO!
Vincit Omnia Veritas
Elder A. Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment