Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Letter from Andrew with pictures he sent later

Dear family,
I have finally figured out how to attach pictures!
This week some pretty darn amazing things happened.
If you remember in the first Harry Potter movie there is a scene when the stone just appears in his pocket.
I lost my second name tag, the one that clips on to my suit coat. My companions and I looked all around the classes and hallways but we were going to be late so we decided to come back for it later. 
While at lunch my front pocket, (which had my other nametag already on it) suddenly bulged out and felt heavy as if someone just dropped something in it, and lo and behold there was my name tag! i had already checked this pocket with two witnesses (my companions) so it was pretty special.
Aunt Helen's (forgive me if i spelled that wrong) sister is in my branch so we have meals, temple visits, and p-days together. I think it's pretty nifty (for which there is no tagolog word) I also met my Mission President's niece, who will be serving in Idaho! 
On my floor there are two elders from my home ward. One of them is going to the same mission i am going to. I have a picture of the three of us, but i forgot the memory card it is saved on so i will have to send that next week. 
The branch presidency has appointed me Branch Technical Advisor, which includes the responsibilities of teching the new missionaries how to email, and answering RadioShack questions. 
In 4 square I am known as Elder Kill, and in the other districts I'm known as the one with a commercial voice. Either way, as there are two Elder Cooks in our branch, I am the Cool one.
As a side note, people are very impressed with my snack sharing and p-day butterfly pen skills. I'll see kayo in two years! Love you all! 

(p.s. I cant attach pictures on the same email as the letter so they will come seperate)

spiritually,
Vincit Omnia Veritas
Elder A. Cook












Elder Riley Hulick, Elder Andrew Cook and Elder Sam Anderson from the Battle Creek 6th ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment