Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Update from Mom

Andrew flew out on Monday. We didn't get to hear from him. It was a bummer. I look forward to Mother's Day!!!

Over in the side bar is a link to the Baguio Mission blog.

He sent some snail mail!!! Oh my heart loves that!

Something that he wrote worth sharing:

did you know President Hinkley said "If Everyone in the church read the Book of Mormon ONCE we would get the sealed records in the Book of Mormon

haha It was really hard to write without punctuation but I wanted to write it the way he did. :)

There was another something he shared. I wonder if he knew I needed to hear it or it was just a random something. Have I told you how much I love that boy? Although looking at his pictures I guess I can't really call him a boy anymore.

Anyway, I'm bawling my eyes out. He mentioned in a letter last week about what does the individual missionary sacrifice. Let me tell you. As a mom I have sacrificed a good friend. 2 years of not hanging out together. 2 years of not having him to cry with, laugh with, and talk about the gospel with. He mentioned in his letter today that you don't know how hard it is to be on a mission until you do it. Well you don't know how hard it is to send out a son until you do it.

I am so grateful for him. I'm grateful for the opportunity to grow. I'm grateful that despite all of my mistakes as a parent he has become an amazing young man with a testimony that astounds me. Had my testimony been as strong as him when I was young he wouldn't have been born.

The gospel is true! That's all there is too it.

No comments:

Post a Comment