Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb 10 letter from Andrew

Well the caps button is broken on this keyboard so i may do it wrong again, but i will try hard to make the caps work for your sakes,
Here is a nifty thing that has happened consistently in the MTC:
every time the class has a question, the teacher says "pick a chapter, first thing that comes to mind" and without fail the chapter is always exactly what we need to hear.
I have begun memorizing scriptures in tagolog. three in three days. Its actually easier than memorizing in tagolog, and i know what I'm memorizing now. Its amazing to me that i can have conversations with native Tagolog speakers after only 4 weeks, its a beautiful language. Next Sunday the choir will be singing for a devotional. Apparently this is the first time that has ever happened, the choir only preforms on Tuesday normally. It will also be my last choir preformance. 
my companionship got split up because the zone leader went home, so they reorganized the district, i still have one of the companions i had before. but i miss the other one. one of the teachers bore his testimony in broken english to demonstrate a point. It was beautiful and i cried. He was trying to show that even if we feel like tagolog stops us, the spirit will still testify of truth. Another time, one Elder asked if God can controll coin flips. The teacher said, "There was a brother we taught on my mission who told us if he flipped a head he would take the lessons, and if it was tails he would not. after the flip he said "well I guess im taking the lessons"  after he was baptised he told the us "i flipped a tails but something told me to lie to you"" then the teacher said "sometimes, he flips the coin, other times he flips the heart"
Did i mention the cardboard ukelele my companions made before we split?  
ingat po kayo!

Vincit Omnia Veritas
Elder A. Cook



No comments:

Post a Comment