Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Letters to the Family

I won't share his letters word for word when they are just to us.

I was so excited that we got snail mail!!!! There were 4 letters included. I'm including a picture of one because it is just so Andrew do this.
Sneakers is our dog.

We found a translator at: http://www.tagalogtranslate.com/translate.php I don't know if it is the best but at least we can figure out some of what he says. :)

One word for you: guro, which he uses often, is teacher or instructor.

He did write that he sees Elder R. Hulick who is also from our ward. We are looking forward to seeing the picture of the two of them with Elder S. Anderson. Elder Anderson is also from our ward and is pictured with the young men on another post.

For those of you who know us well you will know our views on phantom rules. He's really excited about his guro, Brother Mace, because he is also a breaker of phantom rules!

He says he is already struggling to remember English. :) He is super busy and although it is really hard, he also really loves it.

His testimony at the end of my personal letter was very touching and moves me to tears, not hard to do. There is a strong message of truth and love in his words.

This mom is both excited and missing her son more right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment