Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Monday, February 23, 2015

2-23-2015


sorry for emailing so early. We are headed to the flower festival in a minute, so we are emailing first. I just remembered something that happened in church yesterday.
we visited the youth class, because when we have no investigators, Bishop has asked us to not attend the gospel essentials class, because it would be ONLY missionaries. 
While we were there they asked me to explain why the restoration is important. when I recited the first vision, I asked them how they felt. 
one girl passed me a note a few minutes later. she said "my friend told me she has never felt anything, when she prays about the Book of Mormon. I know it is true, but how do I explain it to her? Can you go to sleep right after praying, or do you need to wait for the answer?
I don't remember EXACTLY what I wrote, but I told her 
1. read Moroni 10:3-5
2. study the Book. don't just read. you have to PROVE you want to know.
3. read D&C 9:7-9
4. Ponder the message it contains. Waiting is not enough either. Decide first and then ask if your decision is right, don't just ask for some vague answer.
5. have the faith to actually ask, BELIEVING your Father in Heaven WANTS to answer you. I know He would answer, even if He said the Book is not true. 

I DO know it's true though! I know, because I followed this pattern, and it has helped me make decisions too often for me to doubt. 
If you still haven't tried this, It's not to late! take the 5 step challenge to eternal happiness!

-love, Elder Cook.

*the other email*
what I did the 3 days we had no work
I found an old stocking in our apartment. I am just the classiest.





No comments:

Post a Comment