Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

7-20-2015

Well, this week, I got a phone call at 10:28 pm. I was almost asleep. "Elder Cook, will you accept the invitation to be District Leader?" "Why yes of course President." then I went to sleep.

We had members working with us for 5 out of 6 working days this week. That lead to some interesting adventures. for example: Yesterday, I helped pull in a GIANT fish net. It must have been 100 yards long. when it was all up on shore, there were 2 fish. they were about 4 inches long. I told my companion we should suggest throwing the nets on the other side of the boat, but he didn't think that was funny.

     Then on Saturday, we traveled to Tagudin, about 10 minutes away from my first area, to witness a baptism! It was from Elder Jones' last area. The services were held in a bamboo hut, and 4 people showed up. not even all the missionaries came! 
     We took the long 2 hour bus ride back to San Fernando, and I realized we forgot to stop at my favorite bakery. my only regret of my mission. I got very car sick, because the bus had no shocks to speak of! I didn't even get sick when we went to Manila, so this was strange.
     THEN later that afternoon, we attended ANOTHER baptism! BLESMELORD RAMOS! WOOT! it was really funny to see the contrast between baptisms. For one thing, the first baptism was held in a drinking water tank. the water was green. ha ha. the second baptism was the first ever time that we didn't have to remind the ward mission leader to fill up the tank! He also had the baptismal clothes ready BEFORE WE GOT THERE! 

The very last day of work, we got a fresh RM to come with us. She had a very powerful testimony. Our investigators pulled us aside after church, and told us how much they like her. Her family fed us dinner, and we taught about eternal marriage, then I shared some of the conversion stories from my mission. it was just a good Spiritual day.

I am having very fruitful personal studies now. I have made a very in-depth study of the Book of Mormon. one verse at a time. That combined with my appreciation for the Sacrament, and other Covenants, has made my week happy. The Spirit testifies of the Truth of the gospel.

It was a very good week. Oh! I learned how to make homemade veggie burgers. that will be useful when I come home! :D
Have a great week! I love you all! ingat kayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment