Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Monday, August 3, 2015

8-3-2015

 So this week, we got absolutely NOTHING done! My companion got sick, and as such, we were stuck in side for a very very long time.

     I began thinking, (#pondering) "why doesn't the Lord every transfer, put me with really really diligent missionaries so we can have a miracle effect on our area?" I was not so much complaining, as much as wondering why I can't help the people more.
      Then I came to this thought "Your calling is NOT just for your investigators."and  "If I honestly believe that everyone will have the same chance to receive the gospel, then my mission doesn't seem nearly as drastic. I have many lessons to learn myself, and there are many things I can help my companion, and district learn." 
     I was feeling a little down, until I started studying in section 84 of D&C and it really made me happy, because it helped me find out why I was down, and change :D
here are my favorite verses:

106 And if any man among you be strong in the Spirit, let him take with him him that is weakthat he may be edified in all meeknessthat he may become strong also.

 and also:

 45 For the word of the Lord is truth, and whatsoever is truth is lightand whatsoever is light is Spiriteven the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
 46 And the Spirit giveth light to every man that cometh into the world; and the Spirit enlighteneth every man through the world, that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment