Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Letter 3-10-2014

I have not had time to read emails, the last couple weeks, so this mass email will be short. 
my families are the best. One family told us they know the church is true, half the family wants to be baptised, but the other half they family missed some lessons, :C oh well. It will be straitened out. 
I hate to kill your sparkling image of missionaries, but there are so many disobedient missionaries here, but my companion is not one! We are committed to excellence. We are going to have a month coming up with only half as much support money, so that we can get more money every month after. Everyone is calling it "the famine" 
Don't get me wrong, some of the missionaries here are the most faithful people I have met! We were discussing Ammon, and how the spirit, through some missionaries has successfully converted over 2 thousand people. I hope I can have enough faith to do what the Lord wants me to, so that I will be the Pinakamissionary that he wants, whether or not it's to convert thousands. 
I prayed for my companion to learn how to plan so that we can be most successful in helping the Lord's work along. He had to teach a class on planning, and as a result, studied hard. I can already see a difference! So now, not only do we work hard, we also work SMART! 
I love and miss you all. If I had a scripture to share with you it would be Alma 17 through (I believe) 23. 
Did you know John Bytheway served in Baguio AT THE SAME TIME as uncle Richard, AND our mission president, President Balledos! 
btw, my area is Candon, It's hottest in the mission, and most missionaries refer to it as the fires of... Heck. (he he)
I love you all, and I want you to know I am forgetting English. INGAT!
Vincit Omnia Veritas
Elder A. Cook
 
(P.S. came in a second email)
almost forgot. I tried connecting my camera, but it did not work. so I can just use the memory card, but I did not bring the adapter.... so pictures next week! 
 
 
(Note: He told me that the weird toilet paper line from last week was about how they are banned from having tp in their apartment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment