Elder Andrew D. Cook entered the MTC on January 15, 2014. I am excited to update as I know how he is doing, especially posting his mass emails.

Writing & Shipping information is found in the right hand column.

There is also a link to a few different translators to help us guess what Andrew said. :D Sometimes I get a better idea when I remove his ! from a word.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

10-5-2015 mass, not so mass, and a story from mom

To save time by explaining the whole story, I was being hunted down by the orc overlord, but His right hand man turned on him and saved our necks! Truth Conquers All!
This week was SUUUUPER productive! we have 3 potential baptisms, all three came to church, and one of them even paid her fast offering. woo!
Not much other wise to report , I will be transferring Thursday to train, but I still don't know where I'm going! whew! adventure!

Note from mom: This is what Andrew sent. Luckily I realized it was a game reference. It had to do with some drama he was experiencing with his mission. All cleared up! Whew!

This next part wasn't a part of his mass to anyone but rather a fun thing we got to share and I thought would be fun to allow you to participate in.

My children and I went to the Bean Museum at BYU. They have taxidermy animals there. I sent him a picture of what was labeled, "Philippine Duck." This is the picture we took:



This was his response:

looks NOTHING like a philipines duck. I'll get yuou a picture. aw aw!

This is the picture he sent with that response:


He then sent the following, with the subject:

i actually took this picture



Who can argue with the duck? My only response was, "Maybe your duck isn't classified as a "Philippine Duck" even though it's Filipino. Maybe the Philippine Duck lives in the southern Philippines." I hope you enjoyed our adventure in water fowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment